Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Three shawls

I finished knitting the CTH simple shawl, although it came out smaller than I hoped. I think I need 200g of sock yarn to make a decent shawl. Not blocked yet, and I think I'll put that off for a week. It's too small for the event I had in mind, so will get to blocking at my leisure.


Flushed with the success of this, I actually started another lace project. I've had Koigu's Charlotte's Web pattern for a while, and dusted it off. I have started the second of the five colours, but it's a great deal more challenging than the simple shawl, so won't work as a travel knit.



Additional colours:


All this lace made me recall the Vogue multidirectional shawl I started last year. I pulled this out, and tentatively added a few rows. It's not actually lace, as it doesn't have any yarnovers, but that makes it a much simpler knit. I don't love the mohair and cotton boucle to knit with; itchy and tough respectively, but I still like the colour and would like to finish it. I think this will be the new mindless knit.



In sock news, I've turned the heel on my simple sock, so hope to free up the needles for something a bit more exciting soon.

No comments: