Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sahara body

I've mostly been working on Sahara, and have got to the point where the body is knitted in the round. Although it's knitted top down, trying it on is misleading because there's a gaping hole in the front. I had bought some sparkly yarn for the neckline, but it now looks too much combined with the variegated yarn, so I think I will use the main yarn throughout.



The only modification I've made so far is to eliminate one set of waist decreases and to join the front marginally earlier.

Not much progress on seaming Sunrise Circle. I've only managed one raglan seam. The yarn isn't good for seaming, as it keeps breaking under tension, but I haven't got anything else in a similar colour, so I'll probably keep going.



It's heating up again, with a scorcher predicted for this weekend, so I'm quite pleased to have made an early start on the summer knitting.


No comments: