Saturday, March 11, 2006

My very first blog posting!

Having recently discovered knitting blogs, and finding them addictive to read, I wanted to have a go at writing one. I'm new to knitting, starting in January, but am already developing a serious stash and impossibly long list of 'wanna-do' projects. I plan to post pictures and updates on my projects, and hope to progress in terms of skill and FOs throughout the year.

Let's start with my few finished objects. The skirt was a good beginner's choice as it's basically a tube. It's knit in fuchsia aran and I'm quite pleased with it.














The scarf is another matter! This was supposed to be an easy, quick knit, but ended up being more time consuming and frustrating than the jumper I'm knitting. Hard to see the tape measure in the photo, but this thing measures over 9 feet long!
Wrestling with this was not fun. However, the biggest problem was the yarn, which slithered off the ball, and tangled into knots the whole time. I ended up cutting and rejoining so many times, I was heartily sick of this project by the time I finished. I used Sirdar Boa, but I think I'll give eyelash yarns a wide berth from now on.


On the needles at the moment, I have a Ribbon Twist moss stitch polo neck. I chose it for speed, and because it looked fitted in the pattern photo. Not sure yet how it's going to work out - this photo doesn't look too flattering!