Sunday, March 19, 2006

Away to Edinburgh

Just back from a last minute trip to Edinburgh. I managed to squeeze in an hour to visit HK handknits, a wonderful yarn store, stocking not only Jaeger and Rowan, but an extensive range of Lana Grossa. The new summer stock has just arrived, and the shop is crammed with mouthwatering colours and textures. The shop is light and airy, and bigger than it looks from outside, as there is a backroom too. Jeanette has recently taken over the store, having worked for Rowan at Jenner's for several years. She is lovely, giving lots of help and advice, even down to arranging a necklace of balls of yarn around my face to check if the colour suited me!

I came away with some wonderful Lana Grossa Colorato in two different colourways. I have been looking for the perfect yarn to make my first Clapotis shawl, and this is the one! It's an interesting microfibre and cotton variegated blend, with a shiny nylon strand that reflects the light. I couldn't wait to get home and cast on.

1 comment:

mim said...

Hey! I don't know how, but you've been at my blog today... Nice to meet you!

http://tremoco2.blogspot.com